Saturday, February 25, 2017

Why Do I Believe The Bible Record

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 
2 Tim.3:16.

Why do I believe the Bible record of our Creator God, our Savior, Jesus, and His promise of eternal life?

Because there is nothing else in existence to equal it's witness.

Because there is no other book so consistent, blessed and powerful.

Because sinful humanity has no other written guide to redemption.

Because the Spirit of God has thoroughly convinced me of its truth.

Because there is no other word of forgiveness and salvation so certain.

Because there is no faith in anything else so perfectly simple and vivid.

Because there is no other god in the universe so true, loving and good.

Because most Christian believers are the finest people I have ever met.

Because all things have worked together for my good and God's glory.

Because it has given me faith, joy, peace of mind and eternal life.

Because my faith in Christ and His word is my life and eternal destiny.

Because by it I know God is real, Jesus my Savior, heaven my home.

Because the Holy Spirit of God bears witness with my soul it is true.

Because I would know nothing of Christ without the Bible record.

Rayburn Blair, a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.